School District 196 • Rosemount, MN
September 1998 to June 2019 • Graphics Assistant
- Main graphic designer for full-service, in-house printing department.
- Accountable for working with individual clients to create major marketing materials, district programs, logos, posters, catalogs, brochures, calendars, mailers, infographics and newsletters.
- Ability to work independently, as a part of a team, and successfully manage multiple changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects, set and maintain deadlines, and prioritize assignments.
- Solid understanding of design, branding, typography, composition, and color theory.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, able to accurately and professionally design for press, production copier, large-format printer and digital design.
- Other Skills: maintain branding guidelines, photo editing/retouching/color correction, preflighting, copy editing, proofreading, prepress, production, website maintenance, price estimating, order scheduling, working with outside vendors, securing quotes, and handling issues that require immediate attention.
Karen Designs • Minneapolis, MN
2001 to present • Freelance Graphic Designer
- Responsible for design and production of various client-based creative projects, from initial meetings through production.
- Conceptualize, design and execute strong, attractive collateral such as posters, brochures, logos, booklets, calendars, invitations, newsletters for clients to use for advertising, point-of-purchase and digitally.
- Clients have included: Saint Paul Jaycees, Saint Thomas Academy, Peace Lutheran Church, Organized Audrey, Minneapolis/St. Paul ISES Chapter for Event Planners, Heritage Villa, Northstar Track, and 2009 VDay LaPorte and Michigan City.
Algona Publishing Company • Algona, IA
August 1995 to September 1998 • Design Supervisor
- Responsible for supervising activities within the advertising design department of publishing company located in Iowa.
- Interview and supervise summer interns.
- Design advertisements for local companies.
- Lay out weekly newspaper, numerous advertising supplements, and special publications.
- Schedule job orders with an outside printing company.
- Design all full-color projects for the desktop publishing department.